- This event has passed.
Quality 101 Foundational Concepts
July 12 - July 26$845
These LIVE, virtual, instructor-led classes will include short-term access to a recording of each session, so the registrants may review or make up missed sessions.
This class is designed to spark a fire for the love of Quality through an introduction of what quality is and its benefits. This class explores the main areas of Quality – foundational concepts and vocabulary, basic tools and methods, and tools that can be applied on the job immediately.
Engineers, Managers, Executives, Supervisors, or Practitioners that are new to quality, seeking an overview or a starting place to launch.
- This program provides a fundamental and practical overview of quality – the evolution of quality systems and their applications. Problem solving tools and root cause analysis, along with statistics are discussed.
- Definition of Quality
- Why quality is important to employees, the organization and customers
- Benefits of quality and the concept of “cost of quality”
- Key concepts of total quality management and process improvement
- Seven commonly used quality tools and how they are used in problem solving
- Understanding of common quality roles
- Introduction to common QMS Standards (ISO 9001, etc.)
- The root cause analysis process
- The role of statistics in decision making and DOE
- A brief history of quality and some noted influences
- Defining Quality
- Customer Satisfaction
- Cost/Benefits of Quality
- Quality Systems
- Quality Management
- Standards Overview
- Concept of Organizational Excellence
- Review of Quality in Service
- Process diagram
- Statistical decision making
- Evolution of Quality and Gurus
- Continual Improvement Code Words
- (benchmarking, JIT, Six Sigma, TQM, Zero Defects, ISO9001, Kaizen, Lean, Cpk)
- DOE Intro
- 7 TQM tools
- Root Cause & CAPA
- AIAG core pack
- (FMEA, SPC, PPAP, MSA, APQP)