BENZ, Inc. Speeders
Primarily designed for high-speed drilling, BENZ high-speed attachment heads and speed increasers are also suitable for precise machining and slight mill working without any specific surface hardness.
BENZ offers speed increasers in two different variations: Type SL and Type SLI. Type SL is available with jacket cooling, which reduces operating temperature and results in consistent operating parameters. Type SLI, equipped with internal and jacket cooling systems, increases in-use speeds by thousands, with a 1:5 ratio, and is designed for tools with a cooling channel and an internal coolant supply.
- Speed increasers equipped with coolant can operate at up to 40,000 rpms and coolant pressure up to 80 bar, while those without coolant can only run at up to 18,000 rpms
- Increased surface finish and milling capabilities (capable of running ceramic end mills)
- Models vary from those requiring coolant and limited duty cycles to self-cooling units engineered for unlimited duty cycles
- Deliver improved stability and less vibration, with optimized temperature and weight
- Exchangeable torque arm holds the spindle in position and avoids twisting, which makes it highly flexible
- Tools can be changed automatically with a Stop Block machine tool changer, or manually by installing a block or pin to keep the torque arm from rotating