OGP ZONE3 Software
ZONE3® Metrology Software represents a totally new way of working with multisensor measurement systems and provides faster, easier, and more productive measurements than ever before. Its interface clearly displays relationships between parts, sensors, datum alignments, and machine accessories.
ZONE3 uses innovative features to automatically and effortlessly generate measurement routines resulting in faster programming and run times than was previously possible with other software packages.
- Truly sensor independent with full multisensor capability, including OGP’s most advanced sensor options, without the need to specify a primary sensor
- CAD import including STEP, IGES, DXF, VDA, STL, QIF, EIF, Gerber, Excellon as well as native formats from NX/Unigraphics, Creo/ProE, CATIA, SolidWorks, and Inventor.
- Full field image processing allows entire scenes to be measured instantly
- Intelligent routine optimization makes sure steps are run as efficiently as possible by reducing machine movements and measures features that can be seen at the same time simultaneously
- Auto path generation uses CAD or user-entered nominals
- The Apply to Similar tool, takes existing measurements and automatically generates steps for features in the CAD model that share common user definable characteristics.
- Kinematic model simulation of the machine, part, and sensors update in real-time and can be used to detect potential collisions
- ISO 1101 and ASME Y14.5 compliant GD&T functionality with animated tolerance zones allow you to visualize the specified tolerance condition.
- Results can be output to any text-based format, PDF, Excel, or graphically to truly visualize the result
- Built-in capabilities that directly support the operational requirements of a regulatory-compliant environment such as FDA 21 CFR Part 11
- Advanced CAD tools such as replacing models in existing programs as revisions occur and import of CAD models with PMI (Product and Manufacturing Information) with automatic program creation can assist you in achieving Industry 4.0 principles.
ZONE3 is available in four different versions:
ZONE3 Express offers full measurement capabilities and tools, basic GD&T functionality, and the ability to work with 2D CAD files.
ZONE3 Prime offers all the functionality of Express, plus full 3D CAD capability and full GD&T functionality.
ZONE3 Pro adds enhanced productivity and analysis tools for the power user as well as support for regulated environments.
ZONE3 Offline mimics Pro, but is designed for use at an offline workstation, eliminating the need for a measuring machine for programming.
ZONE3 integrates seamlessly with your current OGP metrology software packages through the Portal. You can retain a library of Measure-X and MeasureMind 3D routines and continue to run them from within their native applications, while taking advantage of new and advanced capabilities by adding ZONE3 to your existing SmartScope multisensory systems.
ZONE3 also offers a time-saving method to convert a MeasureMind3D routine into a ZONE3 project. You can open a MeasureMind3D routine file in ZONE3, examine the generated part routine consisting of converted steps, edit the steps as needed, and save the resulting ZONE3 Project file.
ZONE3.zone is the online community for ZONE3 users. Connect with fellow ZONE3 users and OGP Application Engineers to share metrology tips and get answers to your questions about ZONE3 features.
ZONE3 Express is standard on all FlexPoint, Fusion, Lazer, and SmartScope systems and available on SNAP as well as Advanced Production Systems.