Meyer Gage Assorted Gages
The value in Meyer Gage grows from the company’s attention to detail starting with 52100 bearing steel (Carbon Chrome Alloy) hardened throughout. Uniform details like 2″ lengths, no sharp edges, marking of both boxes and gages and laser-etched sizes with serial numbers on each piece (except M-0 Pins) further contribute to the innate value of the Meyer Gage line.
- Plug Gage Measuring – the art of using pre-sized precision metal plugs to determine the acceptability of diameters of drilled or machined holes. The difference between any class of gage is not the wear or life span of the gage, it’s the tolerance which is allowed in the manufacturing process of the gage.
- GO/NOGO Measurement – A GO gage is used to check the lower limit of a hole. A NOGO gage is used to check the upper limit of a hole. If the GO gage enters the hole and the NOGO gage is unable to enter, the design specifications of the hole have been met. This is used for precision GO/NOGO measuring of hole sizes and depths, checking hole location and distance and setting micrometers. All gages are uniformly 2″ long with ground ends, allowing users to utilize both ends for increased gage life. Gages are Carbon Chrome Alloy Steel (grade 52100 bearing quality steel) and heat treated to a 60-62 Rockwell C hardness. All of Meyer Gage’s products come with a Certificate of Class Conformance, traceable to NIST (National Institute for Standards Technology). The size and “+” (GO) or “-” (NOGO) are laser-etched with a Meyer Exclusive Serial Number feature to ensure traceability on all gages that are .061″ and larger.
- Class ZZ Gages – These gages have an inch tolerance of .0002″ and a metric tolerance of .005mm. They are practical where good precision and speed are important.
- Class Z Gages – These gages have an inch tolerance of .0001″ and a metric tolerance of .0025mm. They are one-half the deviation of the ZZ for a better fit.
- Class X Gages – These gages are available with an inch tolerance of .00004″ and a metric tolerance of .001mm. They are used where greater precision is needed.
- Class XX Gages – These gages have an inch tolerance of .00002″ and a metric tolerance of .0005mm. They are one-half of the deviation of the X. Great for users’ most critical needs.
- Length and Finish – All gages are 2 inches or 51mm long with ground ends for long life.
- 52100 Steel – Bearing quality, Carbon Chrome Alloy Steel, heat-treated to 60-62 Rockwell C hardness and is considered the preferred material for the highest quality plug gages.
- Certificate of Class Conformance – Assurance issued with each shipment of quality gages that conformance characteristics are traceable to NIST.
- Serial Number Etching – A feature that is exclusive to Meyer Gages and essential in assuring traceability on the shop floor on all gages over .060″.